Let’s chat about anxiety.
Do you suffer from it, mild or severe? I do! There I said it. I suffer from moderate to severe anxiety. Sometimes, rarely, I need medication to help manage it. It can be rather bothersome to live life day to day. You see I don’t view everyday things as you may. They bother me. Even taking a shower to get ready for the day may trigger a panic attack. Why is that trigger? You see it usually means I am getting ready to leave my home and go somewhere which is hard for me. Also imagine big life events are real hard for me, like interviewing for a new job, puts it off the charts for me. Wow.
I usually live in a bubble of my comfort zone. I venture out but usually int he company of my husband whom is a safety net for me. He gets it. He’s able to read me. He’s able to deal with it when need be. He takes care of me.
How do I handle my anxiety these days…
- Breath – no seriously, we tend to not breath well when we are anxious, take 10 deep long breaths.
- I keep fighting to get outside my comfort zone, baby steps every day.
- Positive self talk.
- talk thru the issue at hand. Work out the anxiety rationally as possible when you can.
- Seek professional help. There is NO SHAME in this at all. None! You deserve to live a full wonderful, calm, life everyday of the year. If you need help and medication, get it.
- Medication – as needed. I admit sometimes I get a little to anxious and must take a prescription pill in low dosage. It really works wonders and can really help you through a tough time.
- Stop worrying. No really just stop it, be more present. Let that shit go, it’s not real.
- Aromatherapy – it’s powerful, it can help. I use Lavender.
- Write it out. Put the anxiety all on paper. Work out what you going through on paper. Then maybe burn the paper or shred it. Letting go off all the lies you tell yourself and your anxiety.
- Don’t believe the lies your anxiety tells you.
Do you suffer from anxiety? Let me know in the comments below some of your ways to help manage it.