R1D1 of Whole30 begins today for me. I with my the advise of my wellness coach Connie T. have decided a grain free approach to eating is going to be best for me to really help eliminate my inflammation. Whole 30 is a wonderful eating plan to do this with. Besides all the other health benefits you get from this 30 day eating plan.
Think of it as a short-term nutritional reset, designed to help you put an end to unhealthy cravings and habits, restore a healthy metabolism, heal your digestive tract, and balance your immune system.
Certain food groups (like sugar, grains, dairy and legumes) could be having a negative impact on your health and fitness without you even realizing it. Are your energy levels inconsistent or non-existent? Do you have aches and pains that can’t be explained by over-use or injury? Are you having a hard time losing weight no matter how hard you try? Do you have some sort of condition (like skin issues, digestive ailments, seasonal allergies or fertility issues) that medication hasn’t helped? These symptoms may be directly related to the foods you eat—even the “healthy” stuff. – Whole 30 Website
What does R1D1 mean?
Take the new eating plan one day at a time. DO NOT focus on what your giving up, instead focus on what you will be achieving and feeling at the end of 30 days. The new healthful benefits you will gain are incredible. You will love the new way you feel. I know I will.
I encourage you to check out the Whole30 plan at their website.
Buy the book here.
What challenges do I personally face?
- coffee, finding a compliant creamer for my coffee in the morning, I found NutPods at Amazon.com.
- Eating vegetables is not a normal part of my diet, but I actually do enjoy them raw.
- Eating eggs is not a normal part of my diet either, but I can eat one now and again.
I have been eating clean for two months now, this is just Kicking It In High Gear for me! Taking my new eating plan one day at a time. Focusing on how I am going to feel in 30 days, amazing! Giving up all the bad stuff in my diet that is effecting my overall health and well being.
Are you doing Whole30? Have you done it before? Got a website? Any comments, please leave one!
For the month of June, 2016 for 30 days I am going on a grain free diet. Why? Inflammation!
Yes, there are many grains out there that continue to cause inflammation in our bodies. To truly get down to the source of my inflammation I am going grain free, not just gluten free.
With the help of the lovely Connie T. @ connieville.com
And I am doing the Whole 30 program. On June 8th, 2016.
And I purchased the Whole 30 program book. Get your copy here.
I will update you along the way and especially at the end of the program, let you know how things go and what kind of challenges I faced. But most of all, how did I feel at the end of the 30 day cycle.
Yes, there are days nothing seems to go right. Maybe you have discovered something you thought was good and doing well actually was wrong the whole time. Oh yeah that just happened to me. It relates to my current wellness journey. After sharing a sample of my meal log with my coach, Connie, she discovered why I am still having the issues I am having like major inflammation. Dang, What do I do now? Let me list it out below for you.
- Have a good cry. Yes I am an emotional person and I cry a lot. That is ok, it doesn’t mean your weak in anyway. It just means you give a shit.
- Tell a friend. Let someone else know what’s going on and how you feel. Just someone to listen. Someone who you can trust to have your back.
- Pick myself up again and move forward. Remember my motto for this year? Keep moving forward.
- What can I learn from this mistake? How can I re-align with my intentions?
- Make a NEW action plan moving forward to course correct.
- Be proud of myself for how far I have come in 9 weeks and be proud of what the next 9 weeks will hold.
- Kick it into high gear. Nothing like a course correction to help you get in alignment and kick your ass into high gear. Right?
- Just do it. Take one step closer to your goal today. Do something, anything, even a small thing.
- Plan on success. Take your new action plan and plan on success. You got this!
One thing I am going to do starting June 8th, 2016 is Whole 30. This book is wonderful. Great plan and website too. It really cuts to the chase and will get me back on track. It’s only 30 days. I can do that. Heck, I’ve been on plan for 9 weeks now. My course correction is this. Shout out below if you doing Whole 30 too? Maybe we can share our experience together, looking for a partner? Let’s connect. Email me @ simplycute @ gmail dot com.
What have you had happen to you lately that caused a course correction in the middle of your progress? What threw a wrench in your plans? What have you cried over? Let me know in the comments below, if you wish.