Do you ever find your best laid plans changing? I do, all the time. But I keep moving forward.
I recently thought I might go one way in life/career, then I find myself at the crossroads deciding which road to follow next. Important step in the right direction is to keep moving forward no matter what road you take. You can always adjust your GPS to another route/road if necessary.
I love making plans for short and long term, but I realize they are not fixed and I choose what my next move is. Life is ever changing in all directions, be flexible in your plans too. Know that one day the rain may call off a well planned outdoor picnic and turn it into a indoor movie day/picnic. Know you have choice to choose your next move. Don’t fret. I know it’s so easy to fall into the “why me”? thinking but know you have a choice to choose joy and happiness at every turn.
Sure, plan away. But be flexible. And release your expectations of how you think something is going to turn out. Letting go of expectations is paramount to a happy and joyous life.
Learn more about releasing expectations in this book here… Expectation Hangover by Christine Hassler
I no longer let myself get upset over the big plans and little plans I make in life, changing. I know it’s a fact of life and move with it. It’s a opportunity to make new plans and let go of expectations.
I wish you all the best.
Ah Summer! It’s here!
For the next season of life and environment, I want to plan my days to be productive but fun too. Get out enjoy the summertime weather and activities.
I still like to be productive during the summer months. Things like keeping a cleaning schedule going and reading a lot of good books too.
My list of books to read this summer are:
How does you know your path in life?
Questions! Ask yourself many questions and answer honestly.
Ask questions about your present life? Are you where you hoped to be? Is your life fulfilling? What changes can I make now to improve my life?
Get help if need be. Hire a trainer, mentor, or coach. Together you can discover you way together sometimes.
Plan your future. What does it look like, write it all out. Then…start taking action steps towards that future. It won’t all happen at once. But everyday schedule something in that moves you closer to your goal.
Change, know that your path will change as time goes by even year to year. And that is ok. That is normal. Change is inevitable.
Have you ever really sat down quietly and reflected on the way your life is going? No? Well give it a try sometime. Break down the roles you hold in life. Set up strategic goals to move you forward.
What are you doing now to keep moving forward in life?
I know I am re-hiring my wellness coach Connie Trowbridge to help me for the next 6 months+ get my health and wellness in check and keep it that way. I admit I feel into old patterns recently and I realize very much that is NOT where I want to be. I want so much more from myself and my precious body. Again, what changes are you making today to move forward? Comment below.
Is your Inbox weighing you down? Are you never getting around to reading those emails you signed up for? (raises hand!) You keep missing important emails you didn’t see?
Let’s talk about how you can get over Inbox bloat and actually get things done, GTD. These are some of my tips and tricks.
- Don’t use your Inbox as a filing cabinet. READ, FILE, ACT UPON, DELETE all emails in it. Keeping it tidy.
- UnSub from newsletter subscriptions you are no longer interested in.
- Use a TO READ folder to put those items you want to read later. PLAN a time to READ them ALL!!! Action steps folks, action steps!
- Anything that requires immediate action, DO IT NOW.
- Anything you can delegate to someone else, DO IT NOW. Hit that forward button.
- STAR anything important and leave it in the INBOX till you get time to really focus on it and take action on it. But do it within 12 hours, PLAN this step too.
- If you can, setup RULES to file your automated messages you receive in your Inbox. This really cuts down on Inbox bloat. Review these folders later on and make them all read when you can.
- UnSub from CRAP emails. Just do it. You don’t need 3 emails from that one store everyday. Ugh. Maybe even change you subscritpion, by updating you profile, if you really need to know when that sale is.
- Keep your COUPON emails in one folder, so you can use them at the store. Delete old coupons. Set-up a time to review this folder once a week I even set a date on my one digital calendar to remind me to use that coupon too.
- Keep all “purchase” emails in one folder too. This allows for easier searching when you need to check it’s tracking. Use an tracking app on your phone too. I use AfterShip to hold all my tracking numbers.
- Ask for receipts to be emailed to you, then file them in the “purchases” folder.
- At the end of the day before you quit the PC, scan you actionable emails to see if there is anything left to do. DO IT. Then move or delete that email. Creating good habits is key to keep the Inbox bloat down.
I hope these tips and tricks will help you. Anything I missed, please comment below. Any suggestions or comments please comment below.
As I embark on moving into yet another new home for my family this coming weekend, I am thinking about all the NEW routines I need to organize and establish. YET… keeping my life as simple and easy as possible.
I encourage you to check out cleanmama.net’s website with me. As I collect my ideas, thoughts, products, and inspiration to clean my home and keep it clean! I am very lucky to be moving into a brand new apartment, so keeping it sparkling clean from the beginning is easy. I also will be embarking on switching most all my cleaning routine to less harmful to humans, pets, and environment products.