Ah Summer! It’s here!
For the next season of life and environment, I want to plan my days to be productive but fun too. Get out enjoy the summertime weather and activities.
I still like to be productive during the summer months. Things like keeping a cleaning schedule going and reading a lot of good books too.
My list of books to read this summer are:
How does you know your path in life?
Questions! Ask yourself many questions and answer honestly.
Ask questions about your present life? Are you where you hoped to be? Is your life fulfilling? What changes can I make now to improve my life?
Get help if need be. Hire a trainer, mentor, or coach. Together you can discover you way together sometimes.
Plan your future. What does it look like, write it all out. Then…start taking action steps towards that future. It won’t all happen at once. But everyday schedule something in that moves you closer to your goal.
Change, know that your path will change as time goes by even year to year. And that is ok. That is normal. Change is inevitable.
Have you ever really sat down quietly and reflected on the way your life is going? No? Well give it a try sometime. Break down the roles you hold in life. Set up strategic goals to move you forward.
What are you doing now to keep moving forward in life?
I know I am re-hiring my wellness coach Connie Trowbridge to help me for the next 6 months+ get my health and wellness in check and keep it that way. I admit I feel into old patterns recently and I realize very much that is NOT where I want to be. I want so much more from myself and my precious body. Again, what changes are you making today to move forward? Comment below.
Is your Inbox weighing you down? Are you never getting around to reading those emails you signed up for? (raises hand!) You keep missing important emails you didn’t see?
Let’s talk about how you can get over Inbox bloat and actually get things done, GTD. These are some of my tips and tricks.
- Don’t use your Inbox as a filing cabinet. READ, FILE, ACT UPON, DELETE all emails in it. Keeping it tidy.
- UnSub from newsletter subscriptions you are no longer interested in.
- Use a TO READ folder to put those items you want to read later. PLAN a time to READ them ALL!!! Action steps folks, action steps!
- Anything that requires immediate action, DO IT NOW.
- Anything you can delegate to someone else, DO IT NOW. Hit that forward button.
- STAR anything important and leave it in the INBOX till you get time to really focus on it and take action on it. But do it within 12 hours, PLAN this step too.
- If you can, setup RULES to file your automated messages you receive in your Inbox. This really cuts down on Inbox bloat. Review these folders later on and make them all read when you can.
- UnSub from CRAP emails. Just do it. You don’t need 3 emails from that one store everyday. Ugh. Maybe even change you subscritpion, by updating you profile, if you really need to know when that sale is.
- Keep your COUPON emails in one folder, so you can use them at the store. Delete old coupons. Set-up a time to review this folder once a week I even set a date on my one digital calendar to remind me to use that coupon too.
- Keep all “purchase” emails in one folder too. This allows for easier searching when you need to check it’s tracking. Use an tracking app on your phone too. I use AfterShip to hold all my tracking numbers.
- Ask for receipts to be emailed to you, then file them in the “purchases” folder.
- At the end of the day before you quit the PC, scan you actionable emails to see if there is anything left to do. DO IT. Then move or delete that email. Creating good habits is key to keep the Inbox bloat down.
I hope these tips and tricks will help you. Anything I missed, please comment below. Any suggestions or comments please comment below.
As I embark on moving into yet another new home for my family this coming weekend, I am thinking about all the NEW routines I need to organize and establish. YET… keeping my life as simple and easy as possible.
I encourage you to check out cleanmama.net’s website with me. As I collect my ideas, thoughts, products, and inspiration to clean my home and keep it clean! I am very lucky to be moving into a brand new apartment, so keeping it sparkling clean from the beginning is easy. I also will be embarking on switching most all my cleaning routine to less harmful to humans, pets, and environment products.
This weekend, Fourth Of July weekend 2016, I embark on ANOTHER move in my life.
I recently moved back to the Cincinnati, Ohio area from Florida, but to a temporary home. Well, we finally found a place to live, in Liberty Township, Ohio. Near West Chester, Ohio, where my husband works. It’s a 2 bedroom apartment in Liberty Center. A wonderful place to live with a luxury movie theater, lots of retail shopping, a park, 2 apartment buildings, offices, and lots of great restaurants. Yes, imagine living in the burbs but walking to Starbucks which is located in my apartment building. The idea of Liberty Center totally caught my eye years ago in it’s planning stages and now they built it. I always desired to move there. Now I am. Manifesting what you want in life really works!
As I prepare to move again, I am faced with creating a moving plan. One that actually will take some time as I have the majority of my “stuff|furniture” moved up from Florida storage. Everything will be taken in steps over the next month, month and half. I am grateful I don’t have to do much packing, since everything is still packed in my temporary home.
As we embark on another move, it reminds me that I would like to “downsize” my furniture more and simplify my life as much as possible. This won’t be our last move in the next few years I am sure. We actually have moved some 6-8 times in 15 years. I did some downsizing when I packed up house in Florida this spring but there is always room to improve on that.