How do you keep your closets tidy?
I routinely clean out my closet, move things around so I can see them, to wear them. I put like colors with like. And I love huggable hangers to keep it all in place.
My favorite hangers are Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers. I usually pick mine up at Container Store in beige color. I love that they hold my stuff strong even when I move things around they don’t fall off.
Each laundry day after drying my clothes I make sure to immediately hang all things that need it too. This keeps things wrinkle free.
What are some of your closet tricks or tips? Comment below.
Is your Inbox weighing you down? Are you never getting around to reading those emails you signed up for? (raises hand!) You keep missing important emails you didn’t see?
Let’s talk about how you can get over Inbox bloat and actually get things done, GTD. These are some of my tips and tricks.
- Don’t use your Inbox as a filing cabinet. READ, FILE, ACT UPON, DELETE all emails in it. Keeping it tidy.
- UnSub from newsletter subscriptions you are no longer interested in.
- Use a TO READ folder to put those items you want to read later. PLAN a time to READ them ALL!!! Action steps folks, action steps!
- Anything that requires immediate action, DO IT NOW.
- Anything you can delegate to someone else, DO IT NOW. Hit that forward button.
- STAR anything important and leave it in the INBOX till you get time to really focus on it and take action on it. But do it within 12 hours, PLAN this step too.
- If you can, setup RULES to file your automated messages you receive in your Inbox. This really cuts down on Inbox bloat. Review these folders later on and make them all read when you can.
- UnSub from CRAP emails. Just do it. You don’t need 3 emails from that one store everyday. Ugh. Maybe even change you subscritpion, by updating you profile, if you really need to know when that sale is.
- Keep your COUPON emails in one folder, so you can use them at the store. Delete old coupons. Set-up a time to review this folder once a week I even set a date on my one digital calendar to remind me to use that coupon too.
- Keep all “purchase” emails in one folder too. This allows for easier searching when you need to check it’s tracking. Use an tracking app on your phone too. I use AfterShip to hold all my tracking numbers.
- Ask for receipts to be emailed to you, then file them in the “purchases” folder.
- At the end of the day before you quit the PC, scan you actionable emails to see if there is anything left to do. DO IT. Then move or delete that email. Creating good habits is key to keep the Inbox bloat down.
I hope these tips and tricks will help you. Anything I missed, please comment below. Any suggestions or comments please comment below.
A little more information about being a #girlboss…
- We take care of ourselves first and foremost. Self Care is key to being a #girlboss.
- Sleep – be sure to get the optimal hours you need to have a nightly healing sleep routine – I need 10 hours
- Eat healthy well balanced diets – you can follow me on my Whole30 journey here on the blog.
- Hydration – with water is key to keeping your whole body running smoothly. Mind and body.
- Exercise & Play – moderate physical activity daily is key to keep your energy high and feeling good. Play is just as important too. Do something you love everyday. Or at least be sure to schedule in some play time each week.
- Gratitude Daily – Being grateful for what we have will get you far. Try this journal to get you started.
- Effective Time Management – I use a paper planner (like an Erin Condren Life Planner) and a digital calendar to organize my time effectively
- Stay Organized – I have systems, yes it sounds all fancy but it’s essential. Systems of how I do certain things and work as key to keeping me organized and staying that way week to week. Simple as keeping checklists of routine tasks I do. This insures from project to project each clients work gets done correctly.
Read my blog post on building a solid foundation for your life.
Read this article from the lovely and wonderful Alexis at Strange and Charmed.
What do you think is most important about being a #girlboss? Let me know in the comments.
Time blocking. The best workers out there make good use of their time at work. They do not let their inbox dictate their work schedule. Instead they use time blocking. A technique where you block out time on your daily schedule to work on certain projects, items, things, etc. Keeping your focus on this one thing really improves your quality of work and efficiency.
Remember to also block out some down time/breaks, planning time, and eating time, like lunch. We can find ourselves in a time warp and lunch has passed us by. No breaks either, this can cause undo stress on your mind and body. Stress is bad in more ways than one. It’s not necessary to live with undo stress we can combat it. You’ll feel better for it I promise.
I use a timer, like e.ggtimer.com, to help me stay focused for a certain amount of time I have blocked out. When times up, it’s time for a break and then another tip I have for you is, go to another type of activity. Work on one thing for say 1 hour then break for 15 minutes, then work on some other type of thing for another 1 hour. This eliminates burn out, and massive brain fog. Switching between activities really relieves your mind.
DO NOT multi-task when you block time, turn off all notifications and focus on the one task at hand. Remember you schedule in your break time, so don’t worry, you can always check your email then. Humans can’t necessarily multitask anyways. Bombarding your brain with more than one thing only slows it down. Multitasking lowers your work quality and efficiency. Read this article for more into on multi-tasking.
For more info on time blocking read this.
Join me in the #iwpchallenge 28 Days Get Organized challenge; with Inkwell Press! Starts May 1st, so join now! bit.ly/iwpchallenge
Monthly daily challenges, daily emails, 15-30 minutes each day is all it takes. No deep cleaning, just focus on organizing.
Let’s do this! Have fun!