That’s a question that only you can answer but follow along for some thoughtful questions below.
- How do you want to communicate to other people? Is a blog an appropriate form of communication for you and your story or brand?
- Do you have a story to tell?
- Would you like to tell it via a blog?
- Don’t think your going to make money, it’s very hard to do but instead think of blogging as a communication platform for yourself or your brand.
- Do you enjoy sharing things?
- Are you technically inclined to set-up your own website and blogging platform or would you rather use a hosted platform like square space and WordPress.com?
- How would you style your blog? Mostly articles, mostly your photos, or both?
- How often can you blog? Daily, Weekly? Whatever you choose be consistent!
- What will you write about? What kind of content will you highlight in your blog?
- Do you need a blog to help your business/brand?
- Decided if it’s a personal site or a business site, not both. This site here is personal.
- Do you even like writing? Even if it’s a lot or a little, what fits you best?
Ask yourself these questions and decide, is blogging right for me? Good luck and best wishes. Leave a comment below if you do have a blog, I’d love to stop over to read it.
Stop over at http://maggiepatterson.com/blogging-tips/ for a wonderful 2016 Blog Planner Kit/Map.Just sign up, it’s for free. It’s a nicely done workbook to help you brainstorm ideas and things for your blog.