Here is the USA we celebrate our countries independence on July 4th.
Also for me, we have quite a few family birthdays in July too.
I don’t normally take any long holidays during summertime. But short weekend trips to local places is fun. Even day trips to somewhere interesting and local is a fun summertime activity.
Photo by Ray Hennessy on Unsplash
What are some of your favorite summertime activities?
Some of mine are…
- Driving the convertible with the top down
- Long days with plenty of sunshine
I love winter but man those days on end that we never see the sunshine just get to me. It’s hard enough when your a depressive person and no sunshine really is a sad thing. But trust me overall I enjoy the winter months. I just don’t like driving in snow and ice.
Please winter bring back my sunshine.
In the past I have used a sunshine light to help me but I currently don’t have one. I need to get one again they are very helpful to sit in front of for a hour or so each day of the winter months.
How do you handle the long dark winter days? Comment please let me know.
Do you LOVE <3 instagram? I do. Meet me over there as simplybecka If you really want to know what’s going on with me follow me there on IG. I updated most frequently there. I enjoy sharing my life in pictures.
Comment below with you IG name and I will follow you.
Let’s chat about anxiety.
Do you suffer from it, mild or severe? I do! There I said it. I suffer from moderate to severe anxiety. Sometimes, rarely, I need medication to help manage it. It can be rather bothersome to live life day to day. You see I don’t view everyday things as you may. They bother me. Even taking a shower to get ready for the day may trigger a panic attack. Why is that trigger? You see it usually means I am getting ready to leave my home and go somewhere which is hard for me. Also imagine big life events are real hard for me, like interviewing for a new job, puts it off the charts for me. Wow.
I usually live in a bubble of my comfort zone. I venture out but usually int he company of my husband whom is a safety net for me. He gets it. He’s able to read me. He’s able to deal with it when need be. He takes care of me.
How do I handle my anxiety these days…
- Breath – no seriously, we tend to not breath well when we are anxious, take 10 deep long breaths.
- I keep fighting to get outside my comfort zone, baby steps every day.
- Positive self talk.
- talk thru the issue at hand. Work out the anxiety rationally as possible when you can.
- Seek professional help. There is NO SHAME in this at all. None! You deserve to live a full wonderful, calm, life everyday of the year. If you need help and medication, get it.
- Medication – as needed. I admit sometimes I get a little to anxious and must take a prescription pill in low dosage. It really works wonders and can really help you through a tough time.
- Stop worrying. No really just stop it, be more present. Let that shit go, it’s not real.
- Aromatherapy – it’s powerful, it can help. I use Lavender.
- Write it out. Put the anxiety all on paper. Work out what you going through on paper. Then maybe burn the paper or shred it. Letting go off all the lies you tell yourself and your anxiety.
- Don’t believe the lies your anxiety tells you.
Do you suffer from anxiety? Let me know in the comments below some of your ways to help manage it.