How do you keep your closets tidy?
I routinely clean out my closet, move things around so I can see them, to wear them. I put like colors with like. And I love huggable hangers to keep it all in place.
My favorite hangers are Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers. I usually pick mine up at Container Store in beige color. I love that they hold my stuff strong even when I move things around they don’t fall off.
Each laundry day after drying my clothes I make sure to immediately hang all things that need it too. This keeps things wrinkle free.
What are some of your closet tricks or tips? Comment below.
Is your Inbox weighing you down? Are you never getting around to reading those emails you signed up for? (raises hand!) You keep missing important emails you didn’t see?
Let’s talk about how you can get over Inbox bloat and actually get things done, GTD. These are some of my tips and tricks.
- Don’t use your Inbox as a filing cabinet. READ, FILE, ACT UPON, DELETE all emails in it. Keeping it tidy.
- UnSub from newsletter subscriptions you are no longer interested in.
- Use a TO READ folder to put those items you want to read later. PLAN a time to READ them ALL!!! Action steps folks, action steps!
- Anything that requires immediate action, DO IT NOW.
- Anything you can delegate to someone else, DO IT NOW. Hit that forward button.
- STAR anything important and leave it in the INBOX till you get time to really focus on it and take action on it. But do it within 12 hours, PLAN this step too.
- If you can, setup RULES to file your automated messages you receive in your Inbox. This really cuts down on Inbox bloat. Review these folders later on and make them all read when you can.
- UnSub from CRAP emails. Just do it. You don’t need 3 emails from that one store everyday. Ugh. Maybe even change you subscritpion, by updating you profile, if you really need to know when that sale is.
- Keep your COUPON emails in one folder, so you can use them at the store. Delete old coupons. Set-up a time to review this folder once a week I even set a date on my one digital calendar to remind me to use that coupon too.
- Keep all “purchase” emails in one folder too. This allows for easier searching when you need to check it’s tracking. Use an tracking app on your phone too. I use AfterShip to hold all my tracking numbers.
- Ask for receipts to be emailed to you, then file them in the “purchases” folder.
- At the end of the day before you quit the PC, scan you actionable emails to see if there is anything left to do. DO IT. Then move or delete that email. Creating good habits is key to keep the Inbox bloat down.
I hope these tips and tricks will help you. Anything I missed, please comment below. Any suggestions or comments please comment below.
As I embark on moving into yet another new home for my family this coming weekend, I am thinking about all the NEW routines I need to organize and establish. YET… keeping my life as simple and easy as possible.
I encourage you to check out cleanmama.net’s website with me. As I collect my ideas, thoughts, products, and inspiration to clean my home and keep it clean! I am very lucky to be moving into a brand new apartment, so keeping it sparkling clean from the beginning is easy. I also will be embarking on switching most all my cleaning routine to less harmful to humans, pets, and environment products.
This weekend, Fourth Of July weekend 2016, I embark on ANOTHER move in my life.
I recently moved back to the Cincinnati, Ohio area from Florida, but to a temporary home. Well, we finally found a place to live, in Liberty Township, Ohio. Near West Chester, Ohio, where my husband works. It’s a 2 bedroom apartment in Liberty Center. A wonderful place to live with a luxury movie theater, lots of retail shopping, a park, 2 apartment buildings, offices, and lots of great restaurants. Yes, imagine living in the burbs but walking to Starbucks which is located in my apartment building. The idea of Liberty Center totally caught my eye years ago in it’s planning stages and now they built it. I always desired to move there. Now I am. Manifesting what you want in life really works!
As I prepare to move again, I am faced with creating a moving plan. One that actually will take some time as I have the majority of my “stuff|furniture” moved up from Florida storage. Everything will be taken in steps over the next month, month and half. I am grateful I don’t have to do much packing, since everything is still packed in my temporary home.
As we embark on another move, it reminds me that I would like to “downsize” my furniture more and simplify my life as much as possible. This won’t be our last move in the next few years I am sure. We actually have moved some 6-8 times in 15 years. I did some downsizing when I packed up house in Florida this spring but there is always room to improve on that.
Can you be a minimalist and have it all. Of course. Having it all is NOT about having stuff, it’s about having all you need, where ever you are in life. Knowing you have it all anytime you need too. Buying stuff doesn’t constitute having it all. Freedom from objects is a focus of a minimalist. Don’t get me wrong you can have “stuff” but less of it. Find a level that works best for you. Having it all really comes from within yourself. It’s a knowing in your heart and soul, you are enough and that is all you need. It’s not about objects. It’s truly about your inner knowing of yourself. Are you embracing a minimalist lifestyle lately? If so please let me know in the comments below.