I’m pretty good at procrastinating when I have things to do. How about you?
Here are my tips for getting past it…
- 1. Do one small step at a time. The littlest action helps you stay in motion.
- 2. Clean something, like the top of your desk. Decluttering or cleaning up and organizing your work space really helps.
- 3. Do something else that is weighing heavy on your mind, get it out of the way so you can focus.
- 4. Take a moment to relax. Take even just 10 minutes to relax and get centered.
- 5. Journal all that’s floating in your mind, get everything out and down on paper. I keep a Brain Dump journal just for this purpose. It helps clear your mind.
- 6. Set a work timer. Try using Forest app on your phone to help eliminate distractions.
- 7. Make a list of all you have to do, choose one thing at a time to focus on. Take action towards that one thing, see No. 1 tip, start small.
A few more great resources I have found for starting my journey to minimalism…
- Jenny Mustard – YouTube
- Aileen at Lavendaire – YouTube
- Pick Up Limes – YouTube
Today’s minimalism lesson is on unsubscribing from all those pesky emails you get, mostly the sales ones.
Unsubscribe from ANY emails that are not directly serving your life in some way. Ask yourself this question with each email you get. If it’s not serving your goals or dreams or real daily life, unsubscribe.
I am starting, this weekend, Rachel Aust’s 30 Day Minimalist Challenge. She has a video all about it on her YouTube channel. One of my favorite YouTube channels out there. It’s a older video but totally relevant if you wish to start a minimalist life. She also has a document linked in the description of that video; a downloadable PDF for you to use. How about getting started today?
I personally want to change a few things in my life and starting a journey to minimalism is one of them (it’s something I have thought about for a few years now). For 2018 I want to start off right. That’s why I am using this challenge as a base for my starting off point. I want to become very conscious of my spending habits and lifestyle. I want to own less. I want to deal with less clutter in my everyday life and home. I want a capsule wardrobe. I find I can be a little bit of a hoarder when it comes to certain areas of my life for example: skincare. Why don’t I just trim it all down and spend less money on things I don’t need nor use often? Quality over quantity.
Where can you extend your life towards a minimalist attitude? Pick one thing and start today.
See her video below…enjoy… (more…)
Do you know where your going in life?
Have you ever considered writing out a life plan? I am currently reading Living Forward. It’s about making a life plan for your life.
Do you know where you are now? Where you want to go? And the action steps to get there?
Write it all out. Get it out of your head down on paper. Make plans and take action towards living the life you want to live. It is never to late to stop drifting in life.
I am taking 1 day (soon) to write my life plan out. What areas of your life are you improving day to day? Where can you improve? What’s going really well for you?