Are there areas of your life you are settling?
In each of the categories below, how are you doing in life; currently? Rate each category on a scale of 1 not good to 10 best life.
- Mental Health
- Physical Health
Now, dive deep into where you might be settling and didn’t even realize it.
I am participating in bath day with Paper + Oats. I thought you might like to too.
Sign up here.
Join the fun. What it’s about…
Batching similar tasks together to be more productive is a common practice for many business owners, and it’s certainly not a ground-breaking discovery. We’re all busy bosses, so Batch Day is just a way to hold each other accountable once every other month to complete a bunch of tasks around a similar topic.
The cool thing about Batch Day is there are no strings attached. There’s no sales pitch or hidden agenda, and, of course, it’s always free to participate. In fact, I’ll send you a free worksheet to get you started! Can’t beat that.
So here’s the plan: dedicate an entire day’s work to one topic, eliminating all distractions so you can make the most of this hyper-focused time. Hold yourself accountable, learn from your peers, and get a healthy dose of motivation throughout the day with other creative business owners using #POBatchDay.
Comment below if you have joined the fun!
A MAC or a PC? Which do you prefer?
Me…PC. I know I am so old school. But I grew up on a PC and worked all my life with one.
I have a MAC, but I just understand a PC better. I know it’s OS inside and out. And I like it’s price point. I bought myself a new PC/laptop last year and it was not too expensive, unlike my big MAC or even my MAC AIR.
Or do you live your life working on a tablet pc, iPad Pro, Android tablet, other?
What do you like? Comment below.
A little more information about being a #girlboss…
- We take care of ourselves first and foremost. Self Care is key to being a #girlboss.
- Sleep – be sure to get the optimal hours you need to have a nightly healing sleep routine – I need 10 hours
- Eat healthy well balanced diets – you can follow me on my Whole30 journey here on the blog.
- Hydration – with water is key to keeping your whole body running smoothly. Mind and body.
- Exercise & Play – moderate physical activity daily is key to keep your energy high and feeling good. Play is just as important too. Do something you love everyday. Or at least be sure to schedule in some play time each week.
- Gratitude Daily – Being grateful for what we have will get you far. Try this journal to get you started.
- Effective Time Management – I use a paper planner (like an Erin Condren Life Planner) and a digital calendar to organize my time effectively
- Stay Organized – I have systems, yes it sounds all fancy but it’s essential. Systems of how I do certain things and work as key to keeping me organized and staying that way week to week. Simple as keeping checklists of routine tasks I do. This insures from project to project each clients work gets done correctly.
Read my blog post on building a solid foundation for your life.
Read this article from the lovely and wonderful Alexis at Strange and Charmed.
What do you think is most important about being a #girlboss? Let me know in the comments.
I am a #girlboss, and I am proud to say that. I am a VA = Virtual Assistant. What does that mean? I do anything and everything an assistant, admin, secretary, executive assistant does, but I do it virtual working from my home office. This freedom working from home, working from a laptop computer, also allows me to work from just about anywhere I can get wifi internet/ signal. Some VA’s are specialized in specific fields like real estate or social media. I communicate via email, text message, Instant Messaging, Skype, FaceTime, and phone. I keep an organized daily/weekly/monthly schedule on paper and digitally. Paper provides a real life checkbox to check when something is done, schedule + to do list all in one. My digital schedule holds my appointments with reminders. I work and rely heavily on cloud based software. Also cross platform friendly software helps too. Like Evernote, Dropbox, Google Calendar, and email. These types of software allows me to be able to access files anywhere anytime from my mobile phone and then email them if need be.
Skills: I am a very versed skilled assistant. I can handle technology to accounting. My years of being an admin/assistant has grown my skill set largely. And I have found I NEVER stop learning. You can always learn more, never forget that. In fact being a VA you’re more likely to be in continuing education than most folks. I don’t have a specialized field in particular I work in. Call me a general admin.
I don’t have a super strict set schedule, like I must be at work from 9-5pm. I can work for anyone in any time zone, usually though it helps to be only a few hours off main my time zone, like 3. I can take as many coffee breaks as I need (I do love coffee). No one is looking over my shoulder to be sure I am at my desk working on something all the time. I am the boss of me. But…yes there is a but in there, your clients come first! Remember that, you do need to be available within reason and accommodate them. Being you own boss takes discipline too. Don’t let yourself be fooled, its hard work managing you own work and time. But I have found that I have always been able to be do this even when I had a 9-5 office job.
Are you a VA or considering becoming a VA? What line of work do you specialize in? Shout out in the comments below your #girlboss ‘ness!
Coming tomorrow…#girlboss Part 2 post. A little more info about being a girl boss.