What else is new with me?
Job Hunting [or] Building My Business that is the question.
There comes a time in our careers to make a few changes. Or due to certain circumstances like moving to a new place, one must make a change in our career. I am in the middle of that change right now.
Now is that time for me. I am a administrative assistant by trade, right now I am a part-time virtual assistant but only work a few hours a week. So I ask myself, do I wish to build up my business, take on new clients or should I go outside my home to look for work. I have a little something in the works outside my home but it’s to early to know if it’s going to bloom into a new job outside my home. That’s all still in the works. So I set my intention for it and let the universe do her thing. Life is like that, we can do our best to manifest all we want, put for the effort but sometimes you just have to set your intention and let go. The universe has your back. Trust me.
If things; like a new job outside my home don’t work for me, I think I will reach out to friends, family and associates for new virtual assistant business I can take on. I am not rushing this. Career’s can be tricky, so don’t rush things. All in due time. Think before you act. It’s not a race, your in it for the long haul. Choose wisely.
What is new for you in your career? Comment below.
What if…you decided to go for it? Ask for that raise, talk to someone about a new venture, what is the worst that can happen? Your dreams come true!
They say yes, your on your way. I have been stepping up my game and going for it lately. I tried for a new job(nothing as of yet), asked an old colleague for any work opportunities(interested but waiting), and then I made up my own business venture idea and pitched it! (interested and in discussion mode)Wow, this all is not in character for me, but this year is all about moving forward for me. Moving forward to the life I want to live! How are you living? Do you want more for yourself? Let’s make a plan to go for it. What is the worst that can happen? They say NO? So what? On to the next great idea. Go for it!
- Do not focus on the outcome. Yes, you may be turned down or it might not work out at all. But so what, you went for it. That’s awesome. That alone is HUGE.
- You never know what will happen unless you ask.
- You might be surprised at the outcome, something you never thought about.
- Ask and you shall receive.
- Ask for what you want and then turn it over to the universe for support.
- All good things come in time. The universe has your back, it will bring to you opportunities when it’s the right time. Trust me!
Is there something you are dreaming about going for? But your too afraid to ask? Buck up and just go for it. I know it really is as simple as that.
Shout out in the comments below, something your longing to go for.
A word of warning, being an entrepreneur is not it’s all cracked up to be. It’s HARD WORK most everyday. You must be disciplined too.
You have to get yourself out of bed, start your routines, check your calendar and planner everyday. Plan your day. Stick to the plan. Get things done! This all takes discipline every minute of the day. Don’t be fooled it’s all fun and games. Oh it is that too, but sometimes you must get down and dirty and get the job done.
Being an entrepreneur on your own is also lonely. You must take yourself outside and to the local coffee shop sometimes. Make dates with friends to meet up. Find a mentor. Converse with strangers and on a regular basis. Just so you don’t feel too lonely.
Just wanted to warn you, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. But the rewards are great, so are you ready to take the leap? Do it now! Don’t wait.
Are you a entrepreneur? If so, please let me know in the comments below.
Is your Inbox weighing you down? Are you never getting around to reading those emails you signed up for? (raises hand!) You keep missing important emails you didn’t see?
Let’s talk about how you can get over Inbox bloat and actually get things done, GTD. These are some of my tips and tricks.
- Don’t use your Inbox as a filing cabinet. READ, FILE, ACT UPON, DELETE all emails in it. Keeping it tidy.
- UnSub from newsletter subscriptions you are no longer interested in.
- Use a TO READ folder to put those items you want to read later. PLAN a time to READ them ALL!!! Action steps folks, action steps!
- Anything that requires immediate action, DO IT NOW.
- Anything you can delegate to someone else, DO IT NOW. Hit that forward button.
- STAR anything important and leave it in the INBOX till you get time to really focus on it and take action on it. But do it within 12 hours, PLAN this step too.
- If you can, setup RULES to file your automated messages you receive in your Inbox. This really cuts down on Inbox bloat. Review these folders later on and make them all read when you can.
- UnSub from CRAP emails. Just do it. You don’t need 3 emails from that one store everyday. Ugh. Maybe even change you subscritpion, by updating you profile, if you really need to know when that sale is.
- Keep your COUPON emails in one folder, so you can use them at the store. Delete old coupons. Set-up a time to review this folder once a week I even set a date on my one digital calendar to remind me to use that coupon too.
- Keep all “purchase” emails in one folder too. This allows for easier searching when you need to check it’s tracking. Use an tracking app on your phone too. I use AfterShip to hold all my tracking numbers.
- Ask for receipts to be emailed to you, then file them in the “purchases” folder.
- At the end of the day before you quit the PC, scan you actionable emails to see if there is anything left to do. DO IT. Then move or delete that email. Creating good habits is key to keep the Inbox bloat down.
I hope these tips and tricks will help you. Anything I missed, please comment below. Any suggestions or comments please comment below.
Surround yourself with AWESOME people!
Did you know you will effectively succeed better in life with awesome people to help you along?
Also asking for help with something is NOT a sign of weakness. It’s a symbol of greatness in life. We all could use a little help in life, even if we have to pay someone to help us.
I know I realized in my own life I needed help a few years ago (cue: getting a life coach) and most recently a wellness coach. What a difference these two wonderful people have made in my life. I am stronger, more confident, higher self esteem, less depression, less anxiety, great health and wellness too. I am setting myself up for a grand life with the help of these two people.
Could you use a little help in your own life? Are you surrounded by AWESOME people? Comment below.
Read about my health coach here.
Read about my life coach here.